API offers calibration and repair for all sizes of machine shops. We understand that the manufacturing industry has the challenge of estimating materials and processes to provide their customers with parts or assemblies they will use directly or as part of their product. We help ensure that the process occurs as estimated by helping you make sure your machines will perform correctly and efficiently. API can use our machine tool calibration process to analyze the performance of CNC and other machinery with our laser calibration, Swivelcheck, ball bar and spindle analyzer equipment and skilled personnel. The proper alignment of a machine and a machine’s ability to execute its functions correctly will directly impact the quality of your product and the efficiency of the operation.
API offers machine tool calibration and repair for all sizes of machine shops. Using laser alignment, API can help keep machine tools in good working order by ensuring proper alignment. This small investment can keep machines in service long beyond their expected lifecycle, providing millions in return. Machine tools lacking proper alignment and pitch error compensation are not fully productive. Over time, these errors become magnified in faulty machine operation and substandard parts. API offers the most economical and efficient laser alignment solutions for your machine tool.
Reasons to Error Map and Calibrate Your Machine
• Reduce scrap, improve machine accuracy and keep your machine tool in specification
• With a machine tool calibration from API, the machine will meet the intent of ASME B5.54
• Reduce hours to mechanically align a machine. After an alignment or crash, the machine should always be calibrated
• Required if you plan to measure a product on a machine
• End customer requirement
• Make full use of your Control’s capabilities. Often, we find many machines with empty compensation tables. Machine owners should utilize their Controller’s capabilities to increase machine accuracy and prevent unnecessary wear
• Regular calibrations will help to recognize abnormal wear and tear so problems can be addressed and managed
• Calibrate the kinematic parameters of the Tool Center Point (TCP) to enhance your machine
• Accurate machines save money
• Calibrations allow usage of the entire working volume of the machine, not just a “sweet spot” that you know is accurate within the volume
• Increased capability, accurate machines allow you to take on more precise work that you may not have been able to handle before a calibration
We help ensure that the process occurs as estimated by helping you make sure your machines will perform correctly and efficiently.