API is a great place to work. Just ask any of our employees. We are a privately held, family-owned company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a diverse, global team. We take pride in the products we make for our customers, many of which are industry leaders.
Full-time employees of API are eligible to receive a range of options for employer subsidized health insurance, vision and dental, as well as a 401(k) program, bonus pay and paid time off.
Click here to apply to any position with a resume and cover letter.
See below for current openings in API North America.
Ihr Aufgabengebiet wird sein:
- Durchführung von Messdienstleistung im Bereich der industriellen Messtechnik
- Durchführung von Hard- und Softwareschulungen
- Installation unserer Systeme beim Kunden und Betreuung bis zum erfolgreichen Projektabschluss
- Kundensupport bei messtechnischen und anwendungsspezifischen Fragen
- Vertriebsunterstützung bei Produktpräsentationen
- Testen von Software und Geräten
Folgende Qualifikationen sollten Sie mitbringen:
- eine abgeschlossene technische Ausbildung/Studium mit Schwerpunkt der dreidimensionalen Messtechnik (Vermessung, Maschinenbau oder vergleichbar)
- idealerweise Kenntnisse im Bereich Industrievermessung
- eine ausgeprägte Kundenorientierung
- eigenständiges Arbeiten
- sehr gute Englischkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift
Weltweit unterstützen Lösungen und Systeme von API Unternehmen in den wesentlichen Prozessen der 3D-Messtechnik und der produktionsbegleitenden Qualitätssicherung. Unsere Kunden nutzen unsere laserbasierten portablen Messsysteme für nahezu alle Bereiche der dimensionellen Messtechnik. API ́s Kunden finden sich insbesondere im Maschinen- und Fahrzeugbau, in der Luft- und Raumfahrtindustrie sowie in der Energietechnik und im Forschungsbereich.
Wenn Sie diese Stelle interessiert, bewerben Sie sich bitte mit aussagekräftigen Bewerbungsunterlagen und unter Angabe Ihres frühesten Eintrittstermins, vorzugsweise per Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add to the team a
Robotics Modelling Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced, creative environment. Join the team of mechanical engineer of precision metrology instruments, who research product ideas, develop concepts and take products from initial design, including mechanical design, calibration method development, prototyping, through production and post production support. The ideal candidate will develop sensor calibration method and system kinematics modeling for system calibration to ensure the accuracy of the designed products, and conduct system accuracy test. The engineer will work closely with engineers from electronics, optics, software and other R&D groups.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Math Skills. Familiarity with 3D Geometry and Coordinate Transformation
- Familiarity with system Kinematics Modeling
- Familiarity with Matlab coding
- Familiar with C++ coding
- Experienced in using SolidWorks and AutoCAD for Mechanical Design is a plus
- Understanding with Sensor Calibration is a plus
- At least MS. Degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering or closely related Engineering major
- Hands-on experience in precision instrument or test and measurement industry is a plus
Automated Precision Inc. is a world leader of advanced metrology solutions for industry. API products are used by the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers. API’s experienced engineering and operational team is unmatched in its ability to create advanced, innovative products, which meet the needs of rapidly evolving industries. At our Detroit Center in Plymouth, MI, we are currently seeking to add to the team an Application Engineer.
The applicant must be willing to travel extensively to customer sites, work scheduled overtime and weekends. Trips home provided between jobs (typically at least once per month). Willing to train motivated candidates with vocational, surveying or engineering background, and a desire to learn and become proficient in the metrology industry. Positions available for all levels of experience and education. Candidates must live within 25 miles of a major US international airport.
As an Application Engineer, your main responsibilities include:
- Providing expert metrology services (with Laser Trackers, Scanners, Portable CMM’s, Total Stations, etc. with user software) at customer’s sites with limited to no supervision.
- Generating customer reports and other data supporting your work at customer sites. Provide expense and labor reports in a timely fashion to our administrative to support billing.
- Supporting your Regional Sales Manager by assisting to perform weekly onsite demonstrations and customer meetings.
- Identifying potential applications in every account that are most suited for our products and services and communicating to the appropriate personnel
- Establishing very close working rapport with our customers and you must have a strong desire to support our valued customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires up to 75% travel and working at customer sites. Customer sites include work around industrial, mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as use of hand or power tools. Approximately 25% of the work is at API office or a home office.
As the Technical Media Specialist you will be responsible for developing, writing, and editing internal engineering information for reports, technical publications, product support literature and administrative publications. This includes developing all source material including video, text, illustrations; consulting engineering and technical staff. Using Single Source content management method to also design and produce E-learning interactive technical training materials to support internal employee, as well as customer training through both traditional classroom and online. Position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Bachelor degree in Technical Communication or Technical Writing or relevant experience in technical writing or technical E-learning development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Explain customer facing software applications in easy-to-understand language for the layperson, in written form.
- Experience creating a broad range of technical publications for both hardware and software, including system user and admin guides, operations and maintenance manuals, online help systems, training manuals and other related documentation.
- Manage and track the status of numerous documents throughout a product development lifecycle.
- Experience documenting software design, architecture, and APIs is a plus.
- Solid experience using Adobe Captivate and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Solid experience using HTML5 and a CMS. (MadCap Flare or similar is a plus.)
- Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, SharePoint)
- A positive attitude and the ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Comfortable in an environment where shifting priorities, demands, and timelines are the norm
- Excellent user-empathy and sense for usability.
- Excellent English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to clearly convey technical information in writing.
- Strong personal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to understand our software products. (Experience with software development or testing tools is a plus.)
Automated Precision Inc. (API) is a world leader on coordinate measurement solutions. Leading the metrology industry through innovation, API products are used by many of the world’s leading automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and CMM manufacturers.
At the corporate headquarters in Rockville, MD we are currently seeking to add a Software Engineer. The candidate will be hired to work on software application and SDK development to support our advanced sensor technology.
Strong C/C++ software and programming skills and object-oriented analysis and design.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with Windows/Visual Studio/MFC
Python scripting (beginners to intermediate)
Be proficient in writing modules for various hardware interface layers using TCP/IP, RS232, USB.
Experience with Socket programming and IPC
Graphical User Interface (GUI) development with Qt or similar framework
Experience in an event based, multi-threaded programming and asynchronous IPCs is a must.
Experience using debugging tools like Windbg, GDB, Wireshark
Knowledge of embedded systems is a big plus.
Experience using libraries like OpenCV, BOOST, JSON and XML parsers.
Knowledge of sensor systems and some amount of microcontroller based code debugging is very helpful.
GigE/USB3 camera control
C#/WPF application development experience
SVN/VS Team Service
Apply to: email@example.com.